Well, Dan Murphy’s Zero% non-alcoholic bar is here, and you might be looking for a reason to try non-alcoholic drinks for the first time or maybe just get your hands on a new style. No matter your reason, Dan Murphy’s have given you the best excuse to jump into the world of non-alcoholic drinks!
Dan Murphy’s ZERO% bar is a non-alcoholic bar located in Melbourne’s bayside suburb of Hampton. Until the end of June 2022, patrons will experience an exclusive range of the best non-alcoholic beer, wine & spirit from both Australia and abroad. You will also be able to buy drinks like you would any normal Dan Murphy’s store.
What is ZERO% by Dan Murphy’s Bar?
ZERO% by Dan Murphy’s is a bar that will serve only drinks that are non-alcoholic and all crafted to be below 0.5% alcohol.
While the lighter levels of alcohol have historically been linked to lighter levels of flavour, depth and mouthfeel, seismic shifts have been made in the past 12 – 18 months that have seen quality skyrocket to levels that, especially in non-alcoholic beers, rival their alcoholic counterparts.
You can expect to find a wide array of non-alcoholic wine, alcohol-free beer and zero alcohol spirits, as well as a wide array of cocktails on the menu that will be sure to suit your tastes. But more on that a little later.
Why did Dan Murphy’s open a non-alcoholic bar?
Dan Murphy’s are at the forefront of the non-alcoholic drinks movement as, more people are looking to reduce or balance out their alcohol intake or simply looking to enjoy the ritual, flavours and comradery that comes with a drink without the drawbacks or downsides.
Dan Murphy’s, much like Brunswick Aces before them, have seen the opportunity that non-alcoholic drinks represent. Australians are drinking less alcohol, in fact, research conducted by Roy Morgan between 2006 and 2018 saw a 7.2% drop in alcohol consumption.
Age data from over 30,000 interactions with Tipplezero.com indicates adults between 25 – 44 are most prominently seeking out information on different types of non-alcoholic drinks with an almost completely even split between men and women.
What will ZERO% by Dan Murphy’s Sell?
ZERO% by Dan Murphy’s will sell a wide array of non-alcoholic drinks ranging from completely custom made mixologist creations to brilliant Australian and international non-alcoholic beer, wine and spirit options.
Below are some great options you might find when you pop into the Hampton Hill located bar. Full reviews on each are down below!
- Heaps Normal Quiet XPA – a full-bodied, yet fruity Australian brewed XPA and the beer that started the new wave of non-alcoholic beer in Australia
- Big Drop Paradiso Citra IPA – Hop led with citrus notes and pine backed freshness make this a full flavoured refreshing option with a bold bitterness to finish.
- Bridge Road Free Time Pale Ale – balanced, full flavoured and brilliantly this is a non-alcoholic beer that is sure to make you reach for another.
- UpFlow Stout – Roasty, toasty and refreshingly bitter. The UpFlow Stout strikes a brilliant balance between sweetness and ‘hand me another’
- Erdinger – who could go past a brilliant non-alcoholic wheat beer. A flavour profile that is credited with being the best in the business, you’ll find full weight, depth and flavour.
- De La Tautila Rose – strawberry and raspberry led with a brilliantly weighted body this should be your go-to non-alcoholic rose!
- Vinada Crispy Chardonnay – Save yourself the headache (from alcohol and trying other options) this is hands-down the most champagne tasting non-alcoholic sparkling with melon, green apple and some brilliantly placed acidity and some autolysis to boot!
- Giesen Sauvignon Blanc – If you like passionfruit and sauvignon blanc, you’re in for a good time, full flavour, mouth quenching tartness this is a sauv blanc drinkers wine and one to get a hold of.
- Letiz Rose – A more mineral-based rose with a slightly sweeter profile than the Tautila, you’ll find this is a great crisp and clean option with a slightly sweeter profile that is perfectly balanced with a quenching finish.
- Brunswick Aces Hearts Sapiir – This is a warm, Christmas in a glass blend that is perfect for a feel-good Friday cocktail. One you can’t go past if you’re new or seasoned in non-alcoholic drinks.
- Clovendoe Stem – Kaffir lime led, you’re going to find this matches perfectly with a coconut mixer, crushed ice and a sprig of mint.
- Sea Drift Classic – Complex adult tasting and uniquely Australian. Made with sea kelp and a host of fresh botanicals mean the Sea Drift spirit is a truly amazing feat of small-batch distilling.
- Looking to skip the custom cocktail and go for a ready to drink option, well you’re also in luck, the likes of Yes You Can Drinks do a brilliant Dark and Storm, Gin and Tonic and Spritz to help keep your cocktail in a can vibe on point!
Where is the Dan Murphy’s Alcohol-Free Bar?
The ZERO% by Dan Murphy’s bar is located in the Hampton Hill precinct in Melbourne’s south making it perfect for weeknight drop-ins if you’re local or a great spot to unwind after spending some time on the beach!
It is great to see the big hitters in alcoholic drink distribution like Dan Murphy’s investing so heavily in the space and getting the producers who have worked so hard refining their products into the limelight.
Non-Alcoholic Bar in Melbourne.
While Dan Murphy’s may have their ZERO% bar opening this March, if you’re not bayside or prefer to stay north of the river (I don’t blame you!) you’re also in luck. The amazing crew at Brunswick Aces have kitted out their Weston Street distillery as Australia’s first Non-Alcoholic Bar and Bottle Shop.
So no matter where you’re headed whether it’s north, south or anywhere in between, get your curious shoes on and head on in when the bar opens this last week of March and I can’t wait to hear what you’re drinking and how you got on.
You never know I might see you down there, keep your eyes peeled for a guy laden in a Tipple Zero logo and come say hi!